Our people are essential to our business. For this reason, we have implemented plans to focus on people development, providing a better structure, consistency, visibility and availability for training and development.
We have a great team here, with an exciting, dynamic and driven group of people. We have won several awards, including Thames Valley SME Business of the Year, Green Apple Award Winner and have recently been selected as Finalists for the BCIA Awards 2019, and are hoping to continue to build on these accolades.
With a wide and varied customer base, and an ever expanding work load, AIS BMS can offer the opportunity to work on some prestigious engineering projects for the right candidate.
We pride ourselves on delivering first class service, maintenance and energy solutions to our clients.
- Take overall responsibility for delivering small projects on time and within budget.
- Assist sales team/projects manager with site surveys and upfront design comments as required.
- Review of projects on handover from sales team or projects manager in terms of technical compliance to specification and financial position against what has been sold compared to what we are contracted to deliver.
- Raise with sales and projects manager promptly all “as sold”, specification and drawings queries.
- Issuing weekly project reports to clients and Acorn Directors.
- Working with projects manager where necessary and to relevant design guides to:-
- Raise requests for information to enable progression of design
- Submit technical submittals for approval for description of operations, points lists, panel design, valve selections and data sheets
- Assist and/or source subcontractors for panels and installation
- Progress and finalise in conjunction with the projects manager and/or in accordance with consultants design, any value engineering agreed as necessary
- Assist projects manager with the creation and issue of programs of works to our suppliers and sub-contractors
- Responsible for procuring equipment for project either by direct purchase via the expenses system or delegating to our office staff who will order equipment on your behalf. Authorisation for purchases to be sought from projects manager prior to order/purchase.
- Responsible for elements of financial control of projects.
- Assisting the projects manager with submitting monthly applications to our clients either directly or via Acorn QS.
- Identifying and submitting variations.
- Assisting the projects manager with valuing our sub-contractors monthly claims and variations.
- Assisting the projects manager with controlling internal commissioning expenditure, via pro-active monitoring and recording of progress.
- Maintaining Health and Safety, including risk assessments and method statements on projects.
- Carry out site works, software design, installation, commissioning, O&M manual production, and handover as required and liaise with Projects Manager and client during routine progress meetings.
- Manage site based staff and labour as required.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Previous Engineering Experience of Trend Control Systems
- Second system engineering capability
- Provide detailed and accurate information via reports that is suitable to be added to description of operations, i.e point lists to a high quality
- Software production or modification and graphics creation – these are generally done in house
- To read and be able to work from electrical/panel drawings
- Previous experience of working in a projects engineering role
- Electrical qualification – ie. City&Guilds/NVQ3
- CSCS Card
- Other desirable qualifying certification, ie Ipaf, Pasma
If you are interested in applying, please contact Yasmin Hussain (In-House Recruiter) on 01753 872560 or email your CV to HR@acornlimited.co.uk.